General Clock Hour Information
1. Raymond School District is an approved provider for Washington State’s Continuing Education Clock Hours program.
2. Raymond School District complies with the requirements of WAC: 181-79A-131. 181-85-045, 181-85-085, 181-85-033,181-85-200, and RCW 28A.415.040:
a. Within Raymond School District, an in-service training committee has the authority for approval of sessions for clock hours. Offerings for clock hours must be in-service opportunities that provide knowledge and skills for participants relative to students and professionals in schools and classrooms.
b. Minimum requirements for clock hour approval have been established by Washington State statute. According to these requirements, clock hour offerings must:
i. Be directly related to an assessed district need;
ii. Have specific goals, objectives, and agenda included with the application;
iii. Be three hours or more in length;
iv. Be provided by a presenter who has the appropriate expertise in the subject area, field, or occupation and experience making presentations;
v. Have an evaluation plan to determine effectiveness of the presenter, the extent to which the objectives are met, the quality of the materials used, the adequacy of the facilities, and suggestions for improvement;
vi. Be approved prior to offering the in-service.
c. Not included are routine staff meetings for administrative purposes, professional association business meetings, social hours, independent study, and actual mealtimes.
1. Review clock hour approval requests to ensure WAC and committee criteria are met. Submit applications to In-service Training Committee for review.
2. Ensure Raymond School District’s In-service Training Committee reviews the evaluation summary as per WAC 181-085.
3. Provide paperwork required to allow clock hours; i.e., sign-in, clock hour request and evaluation forms.
4. Raymond School District will process clock hours on a half-hour basis only. For example if you attend a workshop and obtain 4.75 clock hours (4 hours and 45 minutes) we will only allow you 4.5 clock hours, we round down to the nearest half hour.
5. Upon receipt of copies of the sign-in sheets from the instructor of the class, Raymond School District will validate attendance. The person seeking clock hours has up to 30 days to submit both clock hour request and evaluation forms.
6. A listing of all recorded clock hours is available on RSD employees Employee Access page. Official transcripts will be provided to any qualified attendee who requests one. (If the attendee is not an RSD employee, he/she may request a copy be sent. It is the attendee’s responsibility to maintain his/her copy for certification purposes and to provide a copy as required by OSPI.)
7. Maintain all records required by OSPI for seven years.
Sponsor and/or Instructor Responsibilities
1. Instructors or sponsors of a session must submit to Raymond School District’s Certification Committee the following items for approval. These must be received ten days prior to the beginning of the session:
a. A completed “Clock Hour Application for Approval” form. (Completed on District web site: Clock Hour Application.) This will include:
1. Written session objectives which reflect the knowledge and skills to be learned by participants.
2. A program agenda, particularly noting specific training dates and instructional beginning and ending times.
b. Instructor vita or résumé. (Emailed to
2. After the “Clock Hour Application for Approval” form is submitted, the District will review and, if appropriate, approve the offering and e-mail a confirmation of the approval.
3. Upon completion of the session, the instructor or sponsor will send the sign-in sheet to Raymond School District’s Certification Department. Sign-in sheets are necessary to validate attendance.
NOTE: Proposals submitted after a workshop has ended will not be accepted.
1. Enroll in the appropriate session via the District’s enrollment form.
2. Be in actual (physical) attendance at the session location at the assigned time and for the duration of the class.
3. Sign-in on the attendance sign-in sheet each assigned day of the session.
4. Complete SPI Form 1125 (Clock Hour Proof of Participation— http://www.raymondk12.org/staff-resources/district-documents/doc_download/606-spi-1125proof-of-clock-hour-completion.html), make a copy of the 1125 and submit the copy to the district office. Participants should keep the original.
5. Complete the 5-minute evaluation form (Clock Hour Evaluation).
(It is the participant’s responsibility to complete these steps. Participants will not be able to purchase clock hours if they have not signed the sign-in sheet as provided by the instructor. Raymond School District will not accept verbal or written documentation (other than official sign-in sheets) from the instructor, school district or other entity stating the attendee was present after the session has taken place. The attendee must sign in to receive credit for attending the session.)