April 4, 2012
Wednesday: JH Track @ South Bend
Thursday: HS Golf vs. Wahkiakum, Three Rivers Christian, Columbia Adventist
HS Track – Tri District
* There will be a meeting of student volunteers for the 100 year RHS Celebration @ 2:45 Monday, April 23 in the commons.
* Have a great teacher? Ever want to pull a prank on them? Now here’s your chance!
Starting today and all the way till April 12th there will be jars in the office for students to put any money (including change) into a jar. Each jar has a special teachers name, which you will decide the fate of!!! The teacher that collects the most money in their jar, wins a pie to the face on April13th. But wait!!! There’s more! On April 13th there will be a surprise which will be announce later on in this competition. Make sure to save some cash for this event.
* Juniors and Seniors - If you are interested in a career in law enforcement you will be interested in a great opportunity this summer. Applications are currently being accepted for the 35th Annual Washington State Patrol-Kiwanis Youth Law Enforcement Career Camp. The camp will be held at the Washington State Patrol Academy in Shelton, WA July 8 through July 14, 2012. Applications can be downloaded from the State Patrol's Home Page wsp.wa.gov under "Outreach." The deadline is May 14, 2012. For more information see Mr. Bowen.
* Everyone who signed up to see the play, permissions slips must be in this Friday before 1st period. Anyone who has not turned in the permission slip will not be going to the play. Now exceptions.
* North Pacific County preparedness fair is Saturday, April 14th from 10-2 at the Raymond Elks Lodge. Free admission to presentations of Japan’s Killer Quake will be shown at 11:30 and 2:30. More activities planned during this time as well.
* SADD members if your are interested in putting on a TATU workshop for the 5th grade, there will be a lunch meeting Thursday in Mr. O’Brien’s room. Lunch will be provided by SADD.
* Mark your calendars - April 21, 2012 is one of our many beach clean-up days. Students can get community service hours for helping with the beach clean-ups. See Mr. Vetter for details.
* Attention all students: All those who bring a new stuffed animal and give it to your adviser, will get a 5 minute early release for lunch on April 6th. Remember, the animals go to patients in Seattle Children's Hospital. The class with the most animals will win a prize!
Thank you for your support.
* There will be a RHS Relay For Life meeting at 11:30 today.
* The University of Washington School of Nursing and University of Washington Medical Center are excited to be offering UW Nurse Camp 2012 from June 25-29, 2012.
Each year, students spent the week getting introduced to nurses, faculty, students and staff at the UW. They get CPR training, spent a few days at the UW Medical Center in actual clinical experiences, and spent the week in sessions on workshops geared toward preparing them for what to expect in college. For further information contact Mr. Vetter.
* Attention Seniors - Scholarship application packets for the Pacific County Democrats are available. Please see Mr. Vetter.
All School Detention: Mr. Newbill
Bus Duty: Mr. Cavender
Wednesday: Blueberry muffin, cereal, sunflower seeds, milk
Thursday: French toast, syrup, string cheese, sunflower seeds, fruit cocktail, milk
Friday: Breakfast burrito, cereal, orange wedges, trail mix, milk
Wednesday: Hamburger, chicken drumsticks, carroteenies, salad bar, chips, pineapple, milk
Thursday: Chicken noodle casserole, pizza pocket, green beans, salad bar, orange wedges, goldfish grahams, milk
Friday: Chili with crackers, hot dog, corn, salad bar, mandarin oranges, Proballs, milk